Monday, June 25, 2012

Day One of the Rest Of My Life...

OK, so anyone who knows me knows how many times I've resolved myself to lose weight and get back in shape. Let's just say since gaining weight after I had double knee surgeries at age 22 and being unable to keep it off, it's happened probably 102 times. I've lost a lot of weight, but have always gained it all back. I hope that time will be different, but that's what I say every time. I'm resolving to truly stick with the Diet, Exercise and Photos to keep me accountable.

I'm hoping this blog will be seen by some people who are going through the same weight-loss battles that I am and that it may gain some followers who can help me stay on track, but also to voice my opinions and feelings as they happen. I'm going to attempt to stay as anonymous as possible, just because I do value my privacy.

I fully take responsibility for my eating habits, my lack of exercise... Sure, there have been extenuating circumstances (knee surgeries, car accidents, lack of money for expensive foods...) but I know that those have been used as excuses rather than really being problems. The truth is that I have gotten lazy and it's just easier to not eat right and never exercise. That needs to stop now.

I'm no longer happy with what I see when I look in the mirror or see photos of myself. I can't help but wonder who that person is that I see, and wonder where the "real" me has gone. It's hard to feel like wanting to go out in public or God-forbid, the beach, with this extra weight dragging me down.

It's time for a change, and that time is NOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment